We are seeking enthusiastic and talented M.Sc., Ph.D. students, and postdoctoral research associates to conduct research on a variety of topics using Systems Biology approaches
At the Institute for Integrative Systems Biology (I²SysBio, CSIC-UV) at Valencia (Spain). The I²SysBio started on 2018 and aims at becoming an international reference center in the field of Systems Biology. Further information can be found .
The I²SysBio is located in Valencia (third largest Spanish city). Further info about about Valencia can be found .
* Projects and Research Topics:
- Synthetic Oscillators: 1 postdoc (up to 3 years). This project is funded by NSF and the candidate will spend up to 3-4 months (summer) every year at SDSU @ USA ()
- Zoonotic Ecology: 1 postdoc (up to 1.5/2 years). This project is funded by NIH and the candidate will perform short visits to Lehigh University @ USA ()
- Bacteria as Active matter: 1 postdoc (up to 2 years) and/or 1 Ph.D. (up to 3/4 years) and/or 1 M.Sc. (thesis supervision)
- Tissue Remodeling Processes: 1 M.Sc. (thesis supervision) and/or 1 Ph.D. (up to 3/4 years)
* Start date:
Depending on the position (from "as soon as possible" until "June 2021"). Positions will remain open until filled.
* Profile and required skills:
- MSc in physics, computer science, engineering, mathematics...or biologists with a strong quantitative background
- Excellent academic record
- Programming skills (C++, Python,...)
- Social skills (we want a friendly environment in the lab!)
- Wet-lab experience is a (big) plus
* How to Apply:
Send a) CV (including academic records), b) a short (3 mins tops) video (English) explaining WHY us and WHY you, and 3) the name and contact information of up to three references to using "JOB OPENING" as the email subject (IMPORTANT: the emails are being processed by a smart mailbox. If the subject is wrong, your email will more likely end in the waste bin).